Trevin's 5th Grade Hope of America concert was tonight. We had to be there at 6:15 and it didn't start until 7:30. It wasn't too bad, I took a book to read and Travis and Tyrel walked around the Marriott Center 7 or 8 times trying to find cute girls. My favorite song was the very last one that they do with flashlights called "We Can Be A Light". It chokes me up every time for some reason. I didn't love the other entertainment they had this year so well. They usually have dance groups that represent a lot of different cultures in between the songs that the kids sing, but this year it wasn't as diverse and I didn't care for it. I would have been fine with just listening to the kids sing.
It took us 1/2 hour to get out of the parking lot when it was over, not so fun..





1 comment:
I love the HOPE OF AMERICA program. Brings the song to my mind instantly...we're the hope of America! I don't remember a lot of the actions, but I love the whole thing.
Post a Comment