Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fast Sunday Warning!!!

So, we get to church today and first thing as I walk in, I get asked to say the closing prayer. Tyrel says, "That will teach you to get to church on time." It's no big deal though, I don't mind. So then, Sean and Travis get there and here comes our happy Bishop making a beeline down the aisle to us. He comes over, shakes our hands and says, "I like to get a couple to start off the meting with their testimonies and would like to ask you two to do that today." Tyrel laughs again.

Let this be a lesson to all of you in my ward about getting to church early on Fast Sunday! Really though, I was grateful for the opportunity. Sean asked why when he nudges me to get up and bear my testimony I don't but when the Bishop asks I do? Who can say no to Bishop Christofferson????

It was a great meeting and I'm not just saying that because we bore our testimonies. I bear my testimony every time I teach in YW, but it is good to do it in Sacrament Meeting so that the boys can hear me and know that I have a testimony. So, because of that, I was grateful for the opportunity. I wasn't even that nervous.........

No comments: