Nothing in particular happened today that I was grateful for, just a basic ordinary day, but I am grateful for the ordinary......I'm glad nothing stressful or tragic happened and that we were all able to just enjoy our day and be happy.
I guess Travis' bus got hit by a car. Travis said the car was pretty messed up, but the bus was barely scratched? How do you hit a bus??? They are big and bright yellow! Glad everyone was ok (other than the car).
I got to do a speed scrap tonight. I scrapped the pictures of my YW helping the people at the rest home decorate Valentine cookies. So, you will have to scroll down to the post on the 10th to see those.
OK, I just went and checked and I didn't post about the rest home on the 10th. So, I'm back to post the pictures here. I think the girls had a lot of fun! They were laughing and giggling the whole time. We ended up with lots of extra cookies, but we had a good time! I loved the word art I used for this layout. It is a quote by Joseph B Wirthlin and it says, "No matter our age, our circumstances, or abilities, each one of us can create something remarkable with our lives." I thought that went really well with the activity we did and the page.
Mady is helping this lady decorate cookies. She said she wanted 17 for all of her great grandchilren. I think Mady made it up to 6 or 7 and then the lady lost interest. Thanks Mady!
K, this little man was so funny! I think he took like 1/2 hour to frost his one cookie and the lady next to him was picking out the candies and handing them to him one by one. He told me I could only take his picture if I would make it handsome. The lady in the picture had the girls all laughing, She wanted plain cookies (ate about 3) because she said she didn't like frosting, then she started frosting them and ate another 2 or 3 more. I think she piled about 300 red hots on the one cookie she made. She kept saying funny things and kept us all laughing.




1 comment:
I heard women say that when all the kids are grown and out of the house the thing mothers miss most is the ordinary days.
Those are cute stories from the nursing home!
Post a Comment