Sunday, February 28, 2010

Those Haskell Boys

Wes Haskell gave his mission report today. I just have to say how impressed I am with the Haskell boys! My boys just kept talking about Wes and his stories and his testimony when we got home from church. I remember one of the very first Sunday's after we had moved to Elk Ridge was one of the Haskell boys farewells. It was either Ryan or Justin, can't remember which. At that time, Wes was just a very little boy, but I very much remember him and Kyle talking at that farewell and coming home and talking with Sean about how impressive their testimonies were at such a young age. They have all been great examples to my boys and as they have grown into leaders for them I am still impressed. Ryan has been their scout leader, they have home taught Andy who is the Elders Quorum president and been able to be in his home and have learned about service from him. Justin has spoke to them at youth conference and also bore his testimony when he is around with such a great Spirit about him that he has made a great impression on them. They remember Kyle and Wes as missionaries and great examples and talk often about their mission reports and remember things that were said. Sometimes I don't think they are listening in church, but I know they are always listening when one of the Haskells is talking because they talk about it later. So, thanks for raising such great sons Lee and Maxyne. Thanks Haskell boys for being great examples to my boys.

No comments: